2. Insight Communications – Started in January 2016, Insight Communications is a student-operated strategic communications agency seeking to provide clients with creative communication strategies to engage their target publics. Erin Ortiz, Faculty Sponsor.
3. Dixie Sun News – Dixie Sun News is your source for Dixie State University News, Sports, Opinion, and Features! Our studio, newsroom and administration are located in the Jennings building, room 134. This gives communication students the opportunity to earn real-world experience while they learn. The experience producing and disseminating Dixie Sun News via newspaper, broadcast and online formats helps Dixie State University students enter the job market seamlessly. Rhiannon Bent, Faculty Sponsor.
4. Radio Dixie – 91.3 FM KXDS. Provides “On the air!” practicum experience on DSU’s campus radio station. Students learn FCC regulations, programming skills, news and sports production, and music programming. Shawn Deneven, Faculty Sponsor.
5. DocUtah – International Documentary Film Festival sponsored by DSU. Since 2010, DocUtah’s mission has been to “Enlighten, Entertain and Envision the World through Documentary Film”. Phil Tuckett, Faculty Sponsor.
6. Southern Utah Live – Established in 2011 with the purpose to provide users with access to media via LIVE stream and video ONDEMAND events for Dixie State University, Washington County School District, Cities in Washington County, County Commission, St. George Chamber of Commerce, and other community activities and events of interest. Marcus Farnsworth, Faculty Sponsor.